As we develop our next collection, we found last night’s bevy of Oscar beauties very inspiring. This would include Neil Patrick Harris (nee Doogie Howser), who seems to only improve with age. Not sure if he’s doing the paleo diet, but we should research. (We also loved Patricia Arquette’s speech on equal pay for women, natch).
But I digress. We picked some of our favorite looks from last night and wanted to share them with you. Feel free to comment. Many of us can’t afford the Chopard jewels and the hand-sewn couture gowns…but fortunately, a lot of the “trends” from last night do translate to everyday dressing. Specifically, in terms of qualities we always consider here at HEUCY when designing new garments. Such as:
1. Showing a little leg. I think the average price of one of these gowns is in the five figures. HEUCY’s Date Night dress with revealing side zipper is under $200, and because it’s jersey, you can wear it on the plane to the 2016 Oscars event and it won’t wrinkle. A true bargain, if you ask me.
2. Collarbones. This may be the most flattering part of a woman’s body, and we like to show it off in a lot of our styles. Lupita’s (yes, in our dreams she’s in a HEUCY dress and we’re on a first name basis) take on showing off her decolletage is super chic.
3. Shoulders. Another area where you can’t really gain weight. We thought Reese’s dress was grown up but young at the same time, which is a “look” we always try to go with in HEUCY’s designs.
4. As Many Shades of Grey (or Gray) As You Want. Laura Dern and Naomi Watts’ gorgeous dresses reminded us why we chose to produce the Spring ’15 Date Night and jumpsuit in a grey bamboo microstripe. 50 stripes of grey is good for any girl, since this color is universally flattering and a bit more uplifting than black. (Even though we’re huge proponents of black, just not all of the time).
5. Black. Oh, wait, did we just mention we don’t wear black all of the time? It’s sort of an 80/20 mix these days.
Cate Blanchett…doesn’t f’ around. The next time we throw on the HEUCY Core collection, we’re pairing it with turquoise. Maybe she’ll loan that necklace to us!
Until then…here’s a link to the full list of last night’s winners courtesy of ET Online. http://www.etonline.com/awards/oscars/160085_oscars_2015_full_winners_list/
We fell asleep somewhere between sound mixing and best picture. Dreaming of the next collection, so we can bring a little practical glamour to your lives. Stay tuned!
The HEUCY Team