It’s Thursday, May 7th, people. And if you’re like me, you may wait until the very last minute to buy something for a special occasion. Thank goodness for online shopping and free (or almost free) shipping. We’ve put together a list of our favorite locally made Mother’s Day gifts, in case you’re behind on this one. Don’t worry, we are too…and it’s not too late if you act now!
Here’s our Top Ten for Mom (and/or You):
1) Lindsay Emery’s gorgeous porcelain plates are rolled out by hand in her North Carolina studio. They’re very reasonably priced and would make a lovely, thoughtful gift for Mom (or yourself). http://www.suiteonestudio.com
2) HEUCY at 30% OFF! HEUCY is ageless and is made for women-on-the-go, which includes moms, aunts, sisters and women in general who are traveling to visit you. Remember, jersey barely wrinkles and our styles are extremely versatile! Shop our sale now through Sunday on heucy.com.
3) Pierrepont Hicks’ Dunoon Parka is a cool take on a preppy classic. It’s good looking and practical, so of course we love it! A water repellent shell, draw cords at the hood and waist, four outside pockets, and adjustable Velcro cuffs make this jacket a keeper.
4) Page Sargisson Orchid Earrings are a subtle, beautiful way to tell Mom you love her. These 10K gold cuties are made right here in NYC.
5) Leontine Linens — a great gift for those who love a monogram! These linens are “as sturdy as they are beautiful” and almost all are washer/dryer safe. Hand-sewn in the South.
6) An Edie Parker bespoke clutch bag. These aren’t cheap, but if you want to give someone a very special, personalized and cheeky gift that they’ll keep forever…this is it.
7) Hanky Panky lingerie. Okay, this might seem a little too personal. But it will be appreciated. Underwear — especially the type that comes sans panty lines — is the gift that keeps on giving.
8) The Best American Short Stories of 2014. This anthology of amazing literature never fails to entertain, and this year’s stories were chosen by one of our fave authors, Jennifer Egan, who won the Pulitzer Prize for her novel A Visit From the Goon Squad.
9) Shinn Estate Wine from the North Fork of Long Island. This vineyard never disappoints. And they deliver. Nuff said.
10) A donation to a school via Donor’s Choose, on your mom’s behalf. Definitely one of the best ways to spend your money.
Happy Mother’s Day to you and/or the women in your life! And happy Spring!
The HEUCY Team